Front Desk Receptionist
Mittleman Eye is seeking highly motivated and reliable Front Desk Receptionists to join our growing team for both of our West Palm Beach and Jupiter locations. Our practice offers on-the-job training to the right candidate. This is your opportunity to join one of the county’s most recognized leaders in ophthalmology and optometry for over 30 years.
Our employees contribute directly to the growth and success of our practices and take pride in being a member of our team. We strongly believe that how our patients and customers are treated by our staff is as important as the services provided by the doctor. Join our winning team and apply today!
In addition to greeting and engaging with patients, a front desk medical receptionist also provides a wide range of administrative support for a medical office. From managing scheduling and organizing files to answering patients’ questions, medical receptionists play a vital role in the provider-patient relationship.
The qualifications for this position include but are not limited to:
- Serves patients by greeting and helping them, scheduling appointments, and maintaining records and accounts
- Welcomes patients and visitors in person or on the telephone and answering or referring inquiries
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying providers of patients’ arrival, reviewing service delivery compared to schedule, and reminding providers of service delays
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties, answering patients’ questions, and maintaining the reception area
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information, recording and collecting patient charges, controlling credit extended to patients, and filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining the confidentiality of medical, personal, and financial information
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, and reporting needed changes
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Be a ‘team player’!