Mittleman Eye is seeking Administrative/Communications Specialists at our West Palm Beach office. The ideal candidate will assist with patient registration, scheduling and confirming appointments, confirming insurance information, receiving, and directing phone calls, accepting payments for Physician services, and greeting patients and other visitors.
The Administrative/Communications Specialist professionally greets callers, provides and documents required information in the patient’s EHR (Electronic Health Record), transfers incoming calls, and takes messages as necessary.
The Communications Specialist also dispatches and routes critical messages to on-call personnel by prioritizing emergency calls, paging individuals to inform them of emergencies, and utilizing call center tools to ensure the right person receives the right message at the right time
The qualifications for this position include but are not limited to:
- Must have medical billing and coding experience
- Respond to routine inquiries concerning practice services, hours of operations, and general questions regarding the practice
- Verify patient identity and demographics and enter changes into the practice management system
- Arrange follow-up visits and referral appointments
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to learn and apply complex concepts to their daily work
- Ability to develop strong connections with our patients, communicating with warmth and empathy
- Verify patient insurance information by contacting/calling the appropriate insurance carrier and/or utilizing an automated insurance verification system
- Confirm patient benefits and insurance
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail to the appropriate department
- Scan patient documents including insurance information into the EMR system
- De-escalate situations involving dissatisfied patients, offering patient assistance and support
- Provide clerical support to other departments
- Collaborate and work as a team with other departments
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Be a ‘team player’!