Introducing the New Kahook Dual Blade
The Kahook Dual Blade (KDB) is an elegant, single-use, ophthalmic blade that makes parallel incisions in the trabecular meshwork (TM) and inner wall of the Canal of Schlemm. The device has a micro-engineered profile which allows for insertion into the eye through a clear cornea micro incision. The surgical grade stainless steel body is comprised of a long, thin shaft that allows for access across the anterior chamber, a pointed tip used to pierce TM under gonioscopic view, a ramp that lifts and stretches the tissue as the device is advanced, and two blades precision manufactured through laser cutting technology to produce simultaneous incisions in treated tissues.
- Single use, ophthalmic blade
- Utilizes ab interno approach through a clear cornea micro incision
- Precision engineered to fit in the canal of Schlemm
- Dual blades positioned for precise parallel incisions of the trabecular meshwork with minimal residual leaflets
- Maintains natural physiologic outflow pathways
Watch this video animation to learn more about the benefits of the Kahook Dual Blade.