At Mittleman Eye, we strive for excellence in patient care. We are a personable and friendly company that connects with our patients and employees. With state-of-the-art technology, eight board certified doctors, two office locations, and impeccable service, the growth of our staff is always ongoing.
The HR Manager is responsible for leading and directing the functions of the Human Resources (HR) department, including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy, particularly concerning current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR Associate, management, and other staff when specialized and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances, such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Facilitates learning and development programs that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Oversees Company Employee Benefit Plans, including Group Health, Workers Comp, Short Term Disability, and other programs.
- Responsible for employee records and reports. Manages data entry function.
- Designs and organizes various employee activities to promote morale.
- Participates in job-related community relations activities.
- Responsible for responding to Unemployment Claims and participating in Unemployment Hearings.
- Perform all job functions safely and responsibly.
- Comply with all Florida Health Regulations and other local, state, or federal guidelines.
- Meet company attendance requirements.
- Bi-lingual skills preferred (NOT REQUIRED)
- Strong data entry skills with knowledge of working with electronic medical records
- Knowledge of diagnostic codes, medical terminology, and medications
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional communication skills, compassionate, professional and discreet
- Multitasking, prioritizing and organized with a keen attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
Mittleman Eye is an Equal Opportunity Employer